June 5, 2017
Planning Commission and Board of County Commissioners to hold Joint Public Hearing– Wednesday, June 28
Boulder County Planning Commission and Board of County Commissioners to Hold Joint Public Hearing – Wednesday, June 28, beginning at 1 p.m.
RE: Final Approval of the 2015 Boulder Valley Comprehensive Plan Major UpdateBoulder County, Colo. – On June 28, 2017, the Boulder County Planning Commission (PC) and the Board of County Commissioners (BOCC) will hold a joint public hearing related to final approval of matters pertaining to Boulder County in the 2015 Boulder Valley Comprehensive Plan Major Update (Docket BVCP-15-0001) including policies, text, and maps, and proposed CU South land use map changes. The scope of the hearing will also include renewal of the Comprehensive Development Plan IGA between Boulder County and the City of Boulder (IGA-17-0001). The June 28 hearing will take place at the Boulder County Courthouse, 1325 Pearl Street, Boulder beginning at 1 p.m. The hearing will begin with a staff presentation, followed by staff answering clarifying questions for the Planning Commission and BOCC, followed by public testimony. Deliberation and decision making will not occur at the hearing. Planning Commission’s decision meeting regarding BVCP-15-0001 will take place on Wednesday, July 19 at 1:30 p.m. and the BOCC’s decision meeting regarding BVCP-15-0001 and IGA-17-0001 will take place on Wednesday, July 26 at 4 p.m. The Planning Commission and BOCC will accept both written and oral testimony. Those who would like to speak in-person at the hearing can sign-up online for a time slot beginning one week prior to the hearing.†
Public CommentsThe official channel for submitting comments for the BVCP Update process is the online submittal form accessible on the BVCP-15-0001 docket web page at www.bit.ly/bvcp150001. Staff will continue to compile and post any comments submitted by email, regular mail or dropped off at the office. However, the best way to ensure that a comment is easily accessible to county decision makers is to submit using the online form. All comments submitted previously, as well as new comments will be accessible at the BVCP-15-0001 docket web page. The deadline for submitting comments for inclusion in the staff report for the hearing is Monday, June 19 at 11:59 p.m. Public comments will be accepted after the June 19 deadline, but they will not be considered in the staff report for June 28.
Key Dates Related to County Hearing and Decision Making
- June 19 (11:59 p.m): Deadline for submitting written comments for inclusion in the staff report for June 28 hearing.
- June 21 (after 1 p.m.): Launch of online speaker sign-up (online speaker sign up will close at the start of the hearing).
- June 27 (after 1 p.m.): Posting of speaker order and estimated speaking times.
- June 28 (1 p.m.): Planning Commission and BOCC Joint Public Hearing. In-person sign up for speaking slots will also be available at the hearing, but note that those speaking times will start after the end of the speaking times established through online registration.
- July 19 (1:30 p.m.): Planning Commission Decision. The Planning Commission will deliberate and vote on the BVCP adoption draft (policies, text, and maps) and CU South land use change, and will give feedback to the BOCC on the amendment procedures.
- July 26 (4 p.m.): BOCC Decision. The BOCC will deliberate and vote on the BVCP adoption draft (policies, text, and maps), CU South land use change, and IGA/amendment procedures.
June 28 Meeting Format and Speaking Times
Speaking times for members of the public:
- 2 min for 1 person
- 4 min for 2 people pooling*
- 5 min for 3 people pooling*