October 13, 2015
Public invited to comment on 2016 Boulder County budget requests
Opportunities still exist for members of the public to hear and comment on budget requests by elected officials and department heads.
Boulder County, Colo. - Public hearings for 2016 Budget Requests have been underway since Tuesday, Oct. 8 and will continue through Tuesday, Oct. 27.
The following hearings are scheduled for the remainder of the month:*
- Thursday, Oct. 15 at 9 a.m. – Sheriff
- Thursday, Oct. 15 at 2 p.m. – Land Use, Commissioners’ Office, Niwot Local Improvement District, Surveyor, Parks & Open Space
- Tuesday, Oct. 20 at 2 p.m. – Community Services, Public Health, Non-profit Emergency Groups, Imagine!
- Thursday, Oct. 22 at 11 a.m. – District Attorney
- Thursday, Oct. 22 at 11:30 a.m. – Nederland Eco-Pass Public Improvement District
- Tuesday, Oct. 27 at 9 a.m. – Administrative Services, Justice Center Remodel, Integrated Treatment Court
- Tuesday, Oct. 27 at 11 a.m. – Housing & Human Services
The County Commissioners will conduct their 2016 Budget Work Session where they discuss and provide funding directives to the Budget Office from 2-4:30 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 5. The public is invited to attend the work session, but no public testimony will be taken.
The Budget Office will then work on producing a 2016 Draft Budget for public review and comment at a Public Hearing on Tuesday, Nov. 17 at 11:30 a.m.
The final 2016 budget will be adopted on Thursday, Dec. 10 at 11 a.m.
The budget work session and all public hearings** will take place in the Commissioners’ Hearing Room on the 3rd floor of the Boulder County Courthouse at 1325 Pearl St. in Boulder (map). The meetings will be webstreamed “live” and archived for future viewing at: www.bouldercounty.org/gov/meetings/pages/hearings.aspx.
Public comments may be submitted at any time by email to: email@example.com or by mail to: Boulder County Commissioners’ Office, P.O. Box 471, Boulder, CO 80306.
Information about current and prior years’ budgets is available at: www.BoulderCounty.org/Budget.