September 3, 2020
Public invited to participate in the formation of the 2021 Boulder County Budget
Virtual meetings begin Sept. 10 with presentations by county departments; Recommended budget to be presented in October.
(Boulder County, Colo.) -- The Boulder County Commissioners will hold public meetings with the Office of Financial Management (OFM) staff from September to November to consider 2021 budget requests from county departments and offices. Members of the public are invited to attend the meetings (virtually) through the Open Meeting Portal.
Budget meetings and public hearing schedule (all meetings are virtual):
- Thursday, Sept. 10, 1 p.m. – County Administrator and Capital Budget Presentations (CEF,CAP) (Public meeting – no public testimony)
- Tuesday, Oct. 13, 1 p.m. – 2021 Recommended Budget Presentation by the Budget Officer (Public meeting – no public testimony)
- Tuesday, Oct. 27, 3 p.m. – 2021 Recommended Budget: Public Hearing (Public testimony will be taken and BOCC will take action on 2021 Employee Benefits at this hearing)
- Tuesday, Nov. 10, 2 p.m. – Budget Work Session (Public meeting – no public testimony)
- Tuesday, Dec. 8, 2 p.m. – 2021 Budget Adoption (Public meeting – no public testimony)
Please note: While the OFM seeks to maintain an established schedule for all public meetings, the above dates and times are subject to change. Please check the calendar (filter for County Commissioners’ meetings) for any updated meeting times/dates.
Budget meeting and hearing descriptions:
- The Office of Financial Management will present a proposed Recommended 2021 Budget to the Board of County Commissioners (BOCC) at a public meeting at 1 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 13 (no public testimony will be taken). The Recommended 2021 Budget will be posted on the Budget webpage just prior to the Oct. 13 meeting.
- The BOCC will hold a virtual Public Hearing – scheduled for 3 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 27 – to accept public testimony on the recommended budget.*
- The County Commissioners will conduct a 2021 Budget Work Session to consider all proposed budget items and provide funding directives to the Budget Office at 2 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 10. (The public is invited to view the work session online, but no public testimony will be taken.)
- The final 2021 Budget will be adopted by the BOCC on Tuesday, Dec. 8 at 2 p.m. By state statute, Colorado counties must adopt a budget by Dec. 15 for the following calendar year.
*Public comments may be submitted using the 2021 Budget Public Comment Form; or by mail to: Boulder County Commissioners’ Office, P.O. Box 471, Boulder, CO 80306; or by phone at: 303-441-3500.