January 6, 2021
Recruitment for 2021 Boulder County advisory boards and commissions is underway
Boulder County invites residents to voice opinions, provide guidance to county government
Boulder County, Colo. -- Twice a year, Boulder County recruits individuals to fill vacancies on various advisory boards and commissions. We are currently recruiting for more than 30 open volunteer positions* on topics ranging from aging services and community action programs to mosquito control and CSU Extension services.
Advisory boards and commissions provide recommendations to the Boulder County Commissioners and give residents the opportunity to have their voices heard within Boulder County government. The county, in turn, benefits from this community input.
- To view current vacancies and fill out an application for an open board position, visit boco.org/BoardVacancies.
- To view descriptions and requirements for the various boards and commissions, visit: boco.org/AdvBoardList.
The deadline to submit applications is Friday, Jan. 15.
Statement on Equity and Inclusion
Boulder County is working toward its boards and commissions becoming more inclusive and representative of the county at large by increasing the variety of people who participate. All are welcome to apply; Representation from historically marginalized and underrepresented groups are especially vital for the health and well being of our community.
Currently recruiting for the following boards and commissions:*
- Aging Advisory Council
- Board of Adjustment
- Board of Review (Engineers of various backgrounds needed)
- Citizen Review Panel
- Community Action Programs Administering Board
- Community Corrections Board
- Eldorado Springs LID Advisory Committee
- Extension Advisory Committee
- Fire Code Review Committee
- Historic Preservation Advisory Board
- Intellectual or Developmental Disability Mill Levy Advisory Council
- Metropolitan Football Stadium District
- Mosquito Control Advisory Board
- Nederland EcoPass Public Improvement District Advisory Committee
- Niwot LID Advisory Committee
- Parks & Open Space Advisory Committee
- Planning Commission
- Resource Conservation Advisory Board
- Workforce Development Board
*Note: Some of the open boards and commissions seats have specific geographical or skills requirements.