November 20, 2020
Registration and advance speaker sign-up open for Dec. 1 Board of County Commissioners virtual public hearing on proposed oil & gas regulations
Registration is required to attend and/or speak during the Dec. 1 hearing
Boulder County, Colo. - Registration is now open for the public to attend and/or speak at the Tuesday, Dec. 1 Board of County Commissioners (BOCC) virtual Public Hearing for Docket DC-19-0002 on the proposed Land Use Code amendments addressing oil and gas development, seismic testing, and companion changes to the Land Use Code.
Staff will present the proposed regulations and the BOCC will receive public testimony during a virtual public hearing beginning at 4 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 1.
No action will be taken by the BOCC on Dec. 1. The BOCC will reconvene on Thursday, Dec. 3 at 4 p.m. for discussion and either adoption of the regulations or direction to staff to modify the regulations. (No additional public testimony will be taken on Dec. 3.)
Attendees may join the virtual public hearing online or via telephone.
- What: Board of County Commissioners virtual Public Hearing for Docket DC-19-0002: Amendments Related to Article 12 of the Land Use Code
- When: 4 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 1, 2020
- Where: Virtual hearing, see registration information below to attend online or via telephone
Registrants may sign-up to speak as an individual speaker, or as a group that is pooling time, or as an attendee-only (non-speaker). Name, address and email address are required to register to speak.
For groups that are pooling time, only the designated speaker should register but he/she will be asked to submit the names and addresses of those who are donating time.
- Individual Speaker Registration
- Pool Speaker Registration (only the designated pool speaker should register themselves and their pool time donators)
For those who plan to attend the hearing, but not speak:
Time allotments for speakers on Dec. 1 will be:
- Individual speakers will receive 2 minutes to make their comments
- Two people pooling their time will have 4 minutes total* (*designated speaker for the pool will speak)
- Three people pooling their time will have 6 minutes total*
- Four or more people pooling their time will have 8 minutes total*
Note: All individuals donating/pooling time will need to be present at the virtual hearing when the designated pool speaker for the pool is called.
How Advance Registration Works
Online speaker registrations are automatically time stamped at time of sign-up. Those time stamps will determine the order in which speakers will be called to address the board.
- The speaker order and estimated times will be available on the oil and gas webpage after 12 p.m. on Nov. 30.
Note: Speaking times are estimates only and are subject to change. For example, if a speaker is not present, the chair will call on the next speaker on the list, even if it is earlier than his or her estimated speaking time. If a speaker is not present when their name is called, the chair will offer that speaker another chance to speak later in the hearing. However, it is the speaker’s responsibility to monitor the progress of the meeting and be present when his or her name is called.
Screen sharing of PowerPoints or photos will not be available for public use during the hearing. Members of the public may provide materials to staff for review by the BOCC ahead of the public hearing for review.
Questions and Comments
- Written comments or materials for the Board of County Commissioners may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have questions about the hearing or your participation as an attendee or speaker, please email email@example.com. (Note: this email address is only for assistance with logging in and/or attending the public hearing,)
Schedule for review of the updated regulations:
- Now through Nov. 20, 2020* – County staff participates in Colorado Oil & Gas Conservation Commission (COGCC) “Mission Change” Rulemaking Process (200-600 Series and 800-1200 Series). (*On October 13, COGCC revised their schedule again, extending the rulemaking proceedings through November 20).
- Monday, Nov. 9 at 4 p.m. – Planning Commission held a public hearing to receive public testimony on the proposed oil and gas regulations.
- Tuesday, Nov. 10 at 4 p.m. – Planning Commission held a public meeting for discussion and recommendation approval of the docket to the Board of County Commissioners.
- Tuesday, Dec. 1, 2020 at 4 p.m. – Public hearing for the Board of County Commissioners (BOCC) to receive public testimony on the proposed oil and gas regulations. Public testimony only; no action will be taken by BOCC.
- Thursday, Dec. 3, 2020 at 4 p.m. – Public meeting for BOCC discussion. Adoption of regulations or direction to staff to modify regulations. No additional public testimony will be taken.
- (If necessary) Thursday, Dec. 10 at 4 p.m. – BOCC public proceedings continued, if needed.
- (If necessary) Tuesday, Dec. 15 at 4 p.m. – BOCC public proceedings continued, if needed.