December 2, 2016
Public Information Unit, 303-441-1500
Outbuilding Burns Down at 6054 Oxford Road
Boulder County, Colo. -- On Thursday, December 1, 2016, at approximately 8:58 pm, members from the Boulder Rural Fire Protection District, Mountain View Fire Protection District, American Medical Response Paramedics, and deputies from the Boulder County Sheriff’s Office responded to 6054 Oxford Road in unincorporated Boulder County, Colorado, for a structure fire.
The structure was a small, covered pen that housed pigs. Due to the quick response of all agencies involved, the fire was quickly contained and extinguished, but the pen was a total loss, and several of the animals were found injured or deceased.
The fire was investigated by an investigator from MAFIT (the Multi-Agency Fire Investigation Team) and the Sheriff’s Office. The fire was ruled accidental, and caused by a heat lamp falling to the ground which caught the structure on fire.
The Boulder County Sheriff’s Office case number for this report is 16-7358.
/s/Deputy Cody Sears, Boulder County Sheriff’s Office