June 14, 2021
Vivienne Jannatpour, (303) 678-6277
Two Boulder County Museums Open for Summer 2021 Season
Nederland Mining Museum now open. Agricultural Heritage Center opens Friday.
Boulder County, Colo. - Two Boulder County Parks & Open Space museums open for the 2021 summer season! The Nederland Mining Museum is now open. The Agricultural Heritage Center at Lohr/McIntosh Farm opens Friday, June 18. Both museums will be open through October. Admission is free.
Nederland Mining Museum – Now Open
The Nederland Mining Museum offers a glimpse into the world of hard rock mining days in Boulder County. Indoor and outdoor displays of trams, ore carts, engines, historic photographs, and rare mining claim maps show how miners lived and how hard rock mining played a part in Colorado’s history.
- Hours: Friday, Saturday, and Sunday; 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Closed July 4.
- Location: 200 N. Bridge Street, Nederland.
- Contact: 303-258-7332 during museum hours, or Sheryl Kippen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-776-8848.
Agricultural Heritage Center at Lohr/McIntosh Farm Opens June 18.
Visitors can learn about the rich agricultural history of Boulder County while enjoying the rural setting and mountain views at the Agricultural Heritage Center in Longmont. Farm animals are on site including chickens, pigs, draft horses, and sheep. Please note that while visitors are free to explore the site and observe the animals, interactive exhibits inside the barns and farmhouse are currently unavailable due to site upgrades and safety protocols.
- Hours: Friday, Saturday, and Sunday; 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Closed July 4.
- Location: 8348 Ute Highway 66, northwest of Longmont.
- Contact: Jim Drew at email@example.com or 303-776-8688.
Learn about all the museums of Boulder County Parks & Open Space at BoulderCountyOpenSpace.org/museums.