February 27, 2020
Andrew Barth, 303-441-1032
US 287 & Isabelle Road Intersection Safety Improvement Project open house March 3
Public invited to review final design and provide feedback for construction
Boulder County, Colo. - Boulder County Public Works will host an open house for the public to review final designs for planned safety improvements to the US 287 and Isabelle Road intersection. This is the second public meeting for the project to improve safety and operations by reconstructing the intersection and widening Isabelle Road both east and west of the highway. The project is funded with CDOT Highway Safety Funds and Boulder County’s Countywide Transportation Sales Tax passed by voters in 2007.
What: US 287/Isabelle Road Intersection Safety Improvements Open House
When: Tuesday, March 3, 4:30 to 6:30 p.m.
Where: Erie Community Center
450 Powers St., Erie, CO
As currently proposed, the project will:
- Widen Isabelle Road from 109th Street (Town of Erie) to 800 feet west of US 287
Stripe new buffered bike lanes both east and west on Isabelle Road across the intersection
- Lengthen the existing turn lanes on Isabelle Road to reduce conflicts for waiting vehicles and add dual left-turn lanes for westbound traffic
- Replace existing traffic signals installed on raised islands with new pedestrian crossings on all four corners
- Install improved lighting to improve visibility within the project limits.
- Realign the Isabelle Road intersection with109th Street to improve sight distance for both southbound and westbound traffic.
- Construct new wetlands northeast of the intersection to mitigate project impacts and improve wildlife habitat.
Preliminary design exhibits and meeting materials are available at www.US287Isabelle.com. Staff will be available to answer questions and take comments. Construction is anticipated to start in 2021.
For more information, contact Andrew Barth at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-441-1032.
All current Boulder County Transportation project information is available at www.BoCoConeZones.com.