Boulder County Parks & Open Space will host a juried en plein air art exhibit from Nov. 12 through Dec. 30 at the Great Frame Up Longmont. En plein air art is the act of creating art from observation in the outdoors.
Call For Entries: 2021 Art Exhibit
Boulder County will accept entries for the 2021 art exhibit starting June 30. The exhibit will run Nov. 12 through Dec. 30 at the Great Frame Up Longmont.
- Entries must feature Boulder County Parks & Open Space properties. Entries of other open space areas such as Chautauqua Park, Boulder Falls, and Rocky Mountain National Park will not be accepted.
- Entries can be created at any point in time. Unlike other shows, entries do not need to be created during a specific time period.
- Any entry that has already been featured in a previous Boulder County en plein air exhibit is not eligible.
- Allowed media include oil, watercolor, acrylic, ink, pastel, pencil, and 3D media such as cloth, wood, and clay.
- Cash prizes will be awarded.
- Anyone may submit up to four pieces for a $30 entry fee starting June 30. The deadline for submissions is Aug. 25.
- Rules & Guidelines