Boulder County Parks & Open Space will host its fourth juried en plein air art exhibit this fall. En plein air art is the act of creating art from observation in the outdoors.
Outdoor Creations Plein Air Art Show
Call For Entries
Boulder County is accepting entries for the 2018 art exhibit that will run Friday, Oct. 12 through Friday, Nov. 2 at the Great Frame Up – Longmont.
- Entries must feature Boulder County Parks & Open Space properties.
- Entries can be created at any point in time. Unlike previous shows, entries do not need to be created during a specific time period.
- Any entry that has already been featured in a previous Boulder County en plein air exhibit is not eligible.
- Allowed mediums include oil, watercolor, acrylic, ink, pastel, pencil, and 3D mediums such as cloth, wood, and clay.
- Cash prizes will be awarded.
- Anyone may submit up to four pieces for a $30 entry fee. Any profits will be contributed to the Boulder County Parks & Open Space Foundation.
- Rules & Guidelines
The deadline for submissions is Wednesday, Aug. 1, 2018. Submissions must be submitted electronically using the online application (i.e. submit photos of your work).
Ranger Fowler and other local artists will hold group painting sessions on open space properties including some properties usually closed to the public.
The art exhibit opens on Friday, Oct. 12 at 5 p.m. Cash prizes will be awarded and the opening event will be catered by Guillaume’s European Catering.
The exhibit that will run Friday, Oct. 12 through Friday, Nov. 2 at the Great Frame Up – Longmont during normal business hours.