By statutory authority, the Board of Review hears and decides technical appeals to the interpretation of the Boulder County Building Code Amendments. The Board of Review looks at proposed building code amendments and makes recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners’ prior to adoption. View the Appeal to the Board of Review Application Form.
Meetings occur as needed on the last Wednesday of each month at 3:30 p.m.:
Dickie Lee Hullinghorst Room
1325 Pearl Street. Boulder, Colo.
Offices & Buildings
Special meetings are also scheduled as needed.
Upcoming Public Meetings
Public meetings will be posted as scheduled.
Members of the Board of Review
- Five Members
- Two Associate Members
- Three, 3-year terms
- Two, 2-year terms
- Two, 1-year terms
- Michael Daley, State Licensed Architect (term ends Feb. 28, 2023)
- Douglas Greenspan, Member-At-Large (term ends Feb. 28, 2023)
- John Malcolm, Consulting Structural Engineer (term ends Feb. 28, 2024)
- Stephen Titus, General Contractor (term ends Feb. 28, 2023)
- Ron Flax – Chief Building Official (Board Secretary)
- Kathy Gissel – Permit & License Operations Manager (Administrative Support)
How to become a Board Member:
View requirements and deadlines for Board of Review membership.