Boulder County Building Code Amendments
Current Building Code
The Boulder County Building Code Amendments are adopted by the Board of County Commissioners. The Building Code Amendments apply to construction on properties located in the unincorporated portions of Boulder County (outside of the cities and towns).
Boulder County has updated the Building Codes to the latest 2015 editions. The current code is effective in unincorporated Boulder County for all building permit applications received on or after January 1, 2017.
- Current 2015 Building Code Amendments (for building permits applied for on or after January 1, 2017)
- For building permits applied for in 2016, see the past 2015 Building Code Amendments
The International Code Council (ICC) publishes new editions of their family of nationally recognized model codes every 3 years, with 2015 being the latest edition. All permit applications to the Boulder County Land Use Department, Building Safety and Inspection Services Division are currently reviewed and inspected under the 2015 editions (unless otherwise noted) of the following International Code Standards:
- International Building Code (IBC)
- International Existing Building Code (IEBC)
- International Residential Code (IRC)
- International Energy Conservation Code (IECC)
- International Fuel Gas Code (IFGC)
- International Mechanical Code (IMC)
- International Plumbing Code (IPC)
- International Green Construction Code (IGCC)
- International Code Council Performance Code (ICCPC)
- International Swimming Pool and Spa Code (ISPSC)
- National Electric Code (NEC 2014 edition)
Past Building Codes
- 2012 Boulder County Building Code Amendments (for building permits applied for from January 1, 2013 – December 31, 2015)
- 2009 Boulder County Building Code Amendments (for building permits applied for from January 1, 2011 – December 31, 2013)
Previous versions of the Boulder County Building Code Amendments are available as reference for all building permits issued prior to the current amendments. Please contact Building Safety and Inspection Services for a copy of older Amendments.
Sign up to receive email or text updates from Boulder County about the Boulder County Building Code Amendments. You can unsubscribe from the list at any time.