The Boulder County Comprehensive Plan (BCCP) was developed to respond to the widely accepted principle that the myriad of future land use decisions affecting the county’s lands should be made in a coordinated and responsible manner.
The Boulder County Comprehensive Plan philosophy is that:
- Growth should be channeled to municipalities.
- Agricultural lands should be protected.
- Preservation of our environmental and natural resources should be a high priority in making land use decisions.
Please see the Boulder County Comprehensive Plan Update for information on the current update review.
The Land Use Department also has printed copies of the Boulder County Comprehensive Plan available for purchase at the Land Use Department.
Boulder County Comprehensive Plan (Updated March 21, 2018)
Editors note: The Boulder County Comprehensive Plan document is undergoing revision. BCCP elements are updated on a rolling basis, one element at a time. For several years, new and updated elements of the BCCP have been posted separately rather than being integrated into a single document. This interim layout version of the plan assembles all currently approved components into a single document while staff prepares a new document design that will ultimately be applied to the entire document and used going forward.
Boulder County Comprehensive Plan Maps
- BCCP Archaeologically Sensitive Areas Map
- BCCP County Trails Map
- BCCP Critical Wildlife Habitats & Wildlife Migration Corridors Map
- BCCP Environmental Conservation Areas Map
- BCCP Geologic Hazard and Constraint Areas Map
- BCCP High Biodiversity Areas Map
- BCCP Intergovernmental Agreements Map
- BCCP Mineral Resource Areas Map
- BCCP Natural Areas & Natural Landmarks Map
- BCCP Niwot Community Service Area Map
- BCCP On-Street Bikeways Plan Map – 2002
- BCCP Open Space and Public Lands – March 15, 2017
- BCCP Preble’s Meadow Jumping Mouse Conservation Areas Map
- BCCP Rare Plant Areas & Significant Natural Communities Map
- BCCP Significant Agricultural Lands Map
- BCCP View Protection Corridors – March 15, 2017
- BCCP Wetlands & Riparian Areas Map