The Boulder County Comprehensive Plan (BCCP) was developed to respond to the widely accepted principle that the myriad of future land use decisions affecting the county’s lands should be made in a coordinated and responsible manner.
The Boulder County Comprehensive Plan philosophy is that:
- Growth should be channeled to municipalities.
- Agricultural lands should be protected.
- Preservation of our environmental and natural resources should be a high priority in making land use decisions.
Please see the Boulder County Comprehensive Plan Update for information on the current update review.
The Land Use Department also has printed copies of the Boulder County Comprehensive Plan available for purchase at the Land Use Department.
BCCP Second Edition 1996 (Updated July 14, 2015)
- Boulder County Comprehensive Plan (Excluding the Guiding Principles Addition, the Sustainability Element, the Eldorado Springs Townsite Plan, and the Gold Hill Townsite Plan documents)
Amendments to the BCCP Second Edition
- Guiding Principles Addition (approved January 18, 2012, but not yet adopted by PC)
- Gold Hill Townsite Plan Amendment
- Updated Transportation Element Amendment
- Updated Goals Chapter Amendment
- Eldorado Springs Townsite Plan Amendment
- Sustainability Element Amendment
Boulder County Comprehensive Plan Maps
- BCCP Critical Wildlife Habitats & Wildlife Migration Corridors Map
- BCCP Environmental Conservation Areas Map
- BCCP High Biodiversity Areas Map
- BCCP Natural Areas & Natural Landmarks Map
- BCCP Preble’s Meadow Jumping Mouse Conservation Areas Map
- BCCP Rare Plant Areas & Significant Natural Communities Map
- BCCP Wetlands & Riparian Areas Map
- BCCP Public Lands Map
- BCCP Intergovernmental Agreements Map
- BCCP Geologic Hazard and Constraint Areas Map
- BCCP Mineral Resource Areas Map
- BCCP County Open Space Plan Map – 1996
- BCCP County Open Space Map – Current
- BCCP County Trails Map
- BCCP Archaeologically Sensitive Areas Map
- BCCP Significant Agricultural Lands Map
- BCCP Niwot Community Service Area Map
- Boulder County On-Street Bikeways Plan Map – Updated 2002