The Boulder County Comprehensive Plan (BCCP) was developed to respond to the widely accepted principle that the myriad of future land use decisions affecting the county’s lands should be made in a coordinated and responsible manner.
The Boulder County Comprehensive Plan philosophy is that:
- Growth should be channeled to municipalities.
- Agricultural lands should be protected.
- Preservation of our environmental and natural resources should be a high priority in making land use decisions.
Please see the Boulder County Comprehensive Plan Update for information on the current update review.
The Community Planning & Permitting Department also has printed copies of the Boulder County Comprehensive Plan available for purchase at the Community Planning & Permitting Department.
Boulder County Comprehensive Plan (Updated July 15, 2020)
Editors note: The Boulder County Comprehensive Plan document was redesigned in 2021. BCCP elements are updated on a rolling basis, one element at a time. For several years, new and updated elements of the BCCP have been posted separately rather than being integrated into a single document. The new version of the plan assembles all currently approved components into a single document.
Boulder County Comprehensive Plan Maps
- BCCP Archaeologically Sensitive Areas Map
- BCCP County Trails Map
- BCCP Critical Wildlife Habitats & Wildlife Migration Corridors Map
- BCCP Environmental Conservation Areas Map
- BCCP Geologic Hazard and Constraint Areas Map
- BCCP High Biodiversity Areas Map
- BCCP Intergovernmental Agreements Map
- BCCP Mineral Resource Areas Map
- BCCP Natural Areas & Natural Landmarks Map
- BCCP Niwot Community Service Area Map
- BCCP On-Street Bikeways Plan Map – 2002
- BCCP Open Space and Public Lands – March 15, 2017
- BCCP Preble’s Meadow Jumping Mouse Conservation Areas Map
- BCCP Rare Plant Areas & Significant Natural Communities Map
- BCCP Significant Agricultural Lands Map
- BCCP View Protection Corridors – March 15, 2017
- BCCP Wetlands & Riparian Areas Map
- Appendix to BCCP Open Space Element Maps: Mapping Overview, View Protection Corridor Mapping Methodology and Guidance for Use