Boulder County’s Transferable Development Credit program requires that, in general, homeowners who wish to build residences with floor areas greater than 6,000 square feet in unincorporated Boulder County purchase TDC Certificates. Homeowners who own vacant parcels or smaller homes in unincorporated Boulder County have the opportunity to obtain TDC Certificates which can be sold in the TDC market. View the Transferable Development Credit FAQ for more information.
The Transferable Development Credit (TDC) Clearinghouse can:
- Provide you with Information on Boulder County’s new TDC program
- Help you to obtain TDC Certificates for sale or purchase
- Facilitate the market for TDCs
- List your TDC Certificates for sale or purchase with the Clearinghouse at the Transferable Development Credit Marketplace
- Transferable Development Credit (TDC) Buyer and Seller Registration TDCs
You may also sell TCDs on the private market.
Conserving Your Property
To find out if you can obtain TDC Certificates by conserving your property, complete the TDC Determination Application and submit it to the TDC Clearinghouse or the Boulder County Community Planning & Permitting Department for processing.
Please check out our Transferable Development Credit FAQ for more information about conserving your property through the TDC process.
If you want to obtain TDCs for your property, you must agree to the Land Use Code regulations by keeping your parcel vacant or restrict the floor area of your residence to no more than 2,000 square feet. Please use the Ask a Planner Form to begin the process of obtaining TDCs.
For regulation information, review the Boulder County Land Use Code and documents regarding the development of the Expanded Transferable Development Credits (TDR) Program, including code updates to the Site Plan Review regulations.
- Boulder County Land Use Code
- Transferable Development Credit (TDC) Regulations (Article 4-1300)
- DC-09-004: Resolution 2009-81 Transferable Development Credit and House Size Code Amendments
- Site Plan Review (SPR) (Article 4-800)
Boulder County hosted a series of presentations on the County Transfer of Development Credit (TDC) Program and Site Plan Review (SPR) regulations.