It is prohibited to prepare food for public consumption in a private home kitchen.
- All food must be obtained from approved sources and must be prepared in a licensed commercial kitchen.
- Commercial kitchens may be located in a private home only if they are constructed to meet the requirements of the Colorado Retail Food Rules & Regulations and the kitchen is used for no other purpose.
- Mobile units
- Temporary event vendors must operate from an approved facility.
Boulder County Public Health does not maintain a list, or make recommendations related to finding an adequate facility to meet the needs of an operation. Places to look include:
- Restaurants, bakeries, or catering businesses that have limited hours of operation
- Churches or fraternal organizations with adequate kitchen facilities available for temporary event vendor or mobile unit commissary use.