STAR Food Handling Class
Boulder County does not require food handler cards, but does offer STAR Sanitation Training Assistance for Restaurateurs and child care providers in English, Spanish, and Chinese. STAR classes are held at Boulder County Public Health or can be scheduled at your facility (by request). There is a fee for the class.
Class times and schedules are subject to change. A minimum of seven participants must be registered to guarantee class.
STAR Class Schedule
Online Training Opportunities
Boulder County Public Health is pleased to provide two online trainings for retail food establishments. These courses are optional for Boulder County food workers.
Upon successful completion of your course and test, you will print your Boulder County Food Worker’s Permit.
Food Handler Manuals & Resources
These manuals and resources can be used to help you train staff to handle food safely.
Food Safety Training Checklist
Examples of Food Safety Training Resources *
- Food Safety Training Videos
- National Restaurant Association ServSafe Food Safety Training & Certification
- 360training.com, Inc. Learn2Serve Program
- Prometric Inc. Food Protection Manager Certification Program
- National Registry of Food Safety Professionals
- State Food Safety Program
Foodborne Illness Information
* Disclaimer: reference in this site to specific commercial product or service, or the use of any trade, firm, or corporation name is for the information and convenience of the public, and does not constitute endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by Boulder County Public Health.