- Renew online
- Renew by mail
- Renew in-person at a Boulder County Motor Vehicle location (listed below)
A courtesy renewal notice (postcard) is mailed to the address on file prior to the registration expiring. The postcard will not forward to a new address.
- Change Address on Vehicle Registration immediately after moving to a new address
Provide the following to renew a registration:
- Renewal notice (postcard) or a copy of the last registration
- Proof of Insurance (if required)
- Proof of emissions test (if required – will be noted on postcard):
Renew a vehicle registration during the following:
- Month before the registration expires
- Month the registration expires
- Month after the registration expires, no later than the last business day, known as the one-month grace period
Colorado law requires residents to pay late fees. Late fees may not exceed $100. Temporary permits are not subject to a one-month grace period (C.R.S. 42-3-112, 42-3-114).