- Renew online
- Renew by mail
- Renew in-person at a Boulder County Motor Vehicle location – Boulder, Lafayette, or Longmont (addresses below)
- Renew in-person at the Boulder office MV Express Renewal Kiosk – Self-service Kiosk opens at 7 a.m. (one hour before in-person counter-service available) and available until close – 4:30 p.m.
Note: If you just moved to Boulder County from another Colorado county, you will not be able to renew online this year.
A courtesy renewal notice (postcard) is mailed to the address on file prior to the registration expiring. The postcard will not forward to a new address.
- To change your address on your vehicle registration after moving, visit https://mydmv.colorado.gov.
Provide the following to renew a registration:
- Renewal notice (postcard) or a copy of the last registration
- Proof of Insurance (if required)
- Proof of emissions test (if required – will be noted on postcard):
Renew a vehicle registration during the following:
- Month before the registration expires
- Month the registration expires
- Month after the registration expires, no later than the last business day, known as the one-month grace period
Colorado law requires residents to pay late fees. Late fees may not exceed $100. Temporary permits are not subject to a one-month grace period (C.R.S. 42-3-112, 42-3-114).