MV Express Kiosks will provide a printed receipt, your registration, and license plate tabs on the spot.
- Boulder: Office of the Clerk & Recorder / Motor Vehicle – 1750 33rd Street – Monday-Friday – 7 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (closed during holidays)
- Longmont: King Soopers – 1611 Pace Street – MV Express Kiosk is located near the restrooms. It is accessible 7/days weeks – 5 a.m. – 12 a.m. (unavailable during holiday closures)
- Additional Locations: Residents can renew using any Kiosk throughout the state. Additional fees may apply. Visit www.comvexpress.com for additional locations in Colorado.
Vehicles that qualify:
- Renews for personal automobiles, pickup trucks, motorcycles, motor homes, utility trailers, and camper trailers.
- If emissions test required, this must be completed before using the kiosk.
- License Plate Number and VIN number and/or Renewal Postcard.
- Proof of Colorado Insurance – only needed if indicated on your renewal postcard. Please wait 7 business days after updating or obtaining your Colorado insurance to renew at the kiosk. This allows time for electronic updating to verify insurance.
When you can renew:
You may renew using the kiosk:
- The month before your plates expire
- The month your plate shows it expires
- Up to 12 months after your plates expire (New!)
Payment & Fees:
- Boulder Clerk & Recorder Kiosk: In addition to your renewal cost, there is a $.50 charge for checks and 2.3% for credit/debit cards. Cash is no additional charge (not available for out-of-county residents). If you choose to renew online, there is a $1 check fee and similar credit/debit card fee.
- Longmont King Soopers Kiosk: In addition to your renewal cost, there is a $3 fee for all transactions. Additionally, there is a $.50 charge for checks and 2.3% for credit/debit cards. Cash cannot be used at this Kiosk.
Note: If you choose to renew online, there is a $1 check fee and similar credit/debit card fee. If you choose to renew at a MV office at a counter, there is no check fee, but similar (slightly higher) credit/debit card fees apply. For our out-of-county residents in Boulder County (see below), there may be an additional charge to use the kiosk.
Who can use the Kiosk:
If you live in one of the following counties, you may use any Colorado MV Express kiosk in the state:
- El Paso
- La Plata
If you live in one county, but you work, go on vacation or attend college in another, you may renew your license plates at any kiosk along the way! If you do not live in these counties, the kiosks are not available for use. Contact your county motor vehicle office for information.