Access to the Renewal MV Express Kiosk begins at 7 a.m. Monday-Friday at our Boulder branch (unless holiday hours) – 1750 33rd Street, a full hour before our office opens and is available throughout the day until 4:30 p.m.
Kiosk will provide a printed receipt, your registration, and license plate tabs on the spot.
In addition to the MV Express Kiosk in Boulder, residents can renew using any Kiosk throughout the state. Additional fees may apply. Visit www.comvexpress.com for additional locations.
VEHICLES THAT QUALIFY
- Renews for personal automobiles, pickup trucks, motorcycles, motor homes, utility trailers, and camper trailers.
- If emissions test required, please allow 2 business days before using the kiosk. This allows time for electronic updating to verify emissions
- License Plate Number and/or Renewal Postcard.
- Proof of Colorado Insurance – only needed if indicated on your renewal postcard. Please wait 5 business days after updating or obtaining your Colorado insurance to renew at the kiosk. This allows time for electronic updating to verify insurance.
RENEWAL TIMEFRAME – You may renew using the kiosk:
- The month before your plates expire
- The month your plate shows it expires
In addition to your renewal cost, there is a $.50 charge for checks and 2.15% for credit/debit cards. Cash is no additional charge (not available for out-of-county residents). If you choose to renew online, there is a $1 check fee and similar credit/debit card fee. If you choose to renew inside the office at a counter, there is no check fee, but similar (slightly higher) credit/debit card fees apply. For our out-of-county users in Boulder County (see below), there may be an additional charge to use the kiosk.
NEW! Use any kiosk if you live in a participating county!
If you live in one of the following counties, you may use any Colorado MV Express kiosk in the state:
- El Paso
- La Plata
If you live in one county, but you work, go on vacation or attend college in another, you may renew your license plates at any kiosk along the way! If you do not live in these counties, the kiosks are not available for use. Contact your county motor vehicle office for information.