The Community Protection Division (CPD) works with individual consumers, agencies inside and outside of Boulder County, as well as businesses. CPD investigates complaints and prosecutes cases involving abuse or exploitation of vulnerable members of our community, through local consumer alerts, education and outreach.
Staff members and volunteers are available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m.-12 p.m. and 1-5 p.m. to answer questions, provide assistance, and investigate consumer complaints. Call 303-441-3700 for further assistance.
Deputy District Attorney Jane Walsh, Director
Claire Bowen Hunter, Consumer Specialist
Volunteer Team – Consumer Specialists
We ask that you contact the company first to try and resolve your complaint. If you are unsuccessful then please fill out the following form, answering the questions that pertain to your complaint.
- Identity Theft Checklist
- Identity Theft – Top 10 Ways to Protect Yourself
- Identity Theft – Factual Innocence
- If Identity Theft Happens to You
- Take Charge: Fighting Back Against Identity Theft (FTC Web Site)
- “Freeze” Your Credit
- Guidelines for Identifying Mortgage and Foreclosure Fraud
Disputes With A Business
Landlord Tenant Problems
Educational Material and Alerts
- 2014 Consumer Manual
- WARNING: Don’t Pay to Play!!
- Before You Build
- Tips for Preventing Becoming a Victim of Crime
- Wage Theft
- Problems with Mobile Home Titles
Links to Other Resources
- Formulario de Reclamo de Consumidor
- Protéjase Contra el Robo de Identidad
- Comprando un Automóvil Usado
- Acabemos con el Robo de Salarios
- Tiene Dificultades
- Evite Se Victima
- Notario Fraud
- Notarios O Consultadores