Boulder County Public Works will begin a paving project in the Lake Valley Estates Subdivision north of Boulder on Monday, April 19. The project is anticipated to last through July 2021.
Some sections of road will have the asphalt completely removed and the subsurface recompacted as part of a full depth reclamation, while other sections will see the removal of the top 2 to 3 inches of asphalt, also known as “milling.” New asphalt will be applied to all roads, including:
- Fairways Drive
- Niblick Drive
- Golf Club Drive
- View a map of the paving areas
- View a map of proposed work phasing plans
In addition to the roadwork, the contractor will be working on concrete sidewalks and curbing in the area. Trees overhanging the street will need to be trimmed in order for the paving operation to occur without breaking limbs. An arborist will conduct trimming work to protect the tree.
Anticipated Travel Impacts
- Single lane closures with flaggers controlling vehicles and cyclists
- 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Expect longer delays when milling and paving operations are moving through intersections
- Individual driveways will be inaccessible for 30 to 45-minutes when paving is happening in front of a home – asphalt must cool before entering/exiting the driveway
The roads being resurfaced as part of this work are Community Use Roads that provide access to public places of interest like parks and trails. There are other roads in the area that may be in need of repair. Per the Boulder County Comprehensive Plan (BCCP), major repairs to these roads are the responsibility of the property owners who reside along the road. Learn more.
- Andrew Barth – Public Works Communications – email or 303-441-1032