This page contains information on all public meetings that have been held regarding the Floodplain Mapping Project and Code Amendment Process.
- May 16, 2017 – Board of County Commissioners Public Hearing
- May 9, 2017 – Project staff discussed new areas – Little Thompson River West Fork and the Boulder County reach near North 83rd Street (Phase II Study Area)
- April 19, 2017 – Planning Commission Public Hearing
- Feb. 23, 2017 – This meeting was cumulative and included maps from each area that has been discussed at other public meetings (see dates below for info). Comments on all released draft maps were due by 11:59 p.m. on Monday, March 13.
- New areas discussed at this meeting – North Boulder Creek from CO Hwy 72, Middle Boulder Creek from west of Eldora to Nederland, and South Boulder Creek from the county line to Gross Reservoir
- Meeting handouts
- Jan. 31, 2017 – Stream reach specific public meeting for project areas including – Two Mile Canyon Creek, Lower Boulder Creek east of 61st Street, South Boulder Creek from Gross Reservoir to Eldorado Springs townsite, Boulder Creek from Barker Reservoir to upstream of Eben G. Fine Park, Rock Creek, and Coal Creek
- Jan. 10, 2017 – Stream reach specific public meeting for project areas including – Fourmile Canyon Creek (above Wagonwheel Gap Road), Dry Creek #2, New Dry Creek, Resilient St. Vrain Study Area
- Jan. 18, 2017 – Boulder County Planning Commission Public Hearing/Study Session
- The public hearing/study session was an opportunity for the Planning Commission to learn more about this effort. Staff will present a plan for adopting the new map data. No public testimony will be taken during this session. The session will be streamed live and will be made available for later viewing in the Public Meetings, Hearings, Records & Video Archives.
- Docket DC-17-0001 Land Use Code text amendments to the floodplain regulations and related provisions and Z-17-0001 Zoning Map Amendments to the Floodplain Overlay District
- Jan. 19, 2017 – Stream reach specific public meeting for project areas including – Cabin Creek AND North/Middle/South St. Vrain creeks between CO Hwy 72 and Longmont Dam Road
- Dec. 13, 2016 – Community map review session for RiskMAP project areas near Lyons
- July 14, 2016 – status report on the floodplain mapping process and update on code amendments
- July 26, 2016 – Status report on proposed updates to county’s floodplain regulations