Boulder County is committed to keeping the public informed about the mapping update program in an accurate and timely fashion.
Newsletters will be produced and disseminated throughout the duration of the program to provide property owners and other interested parties with regular updates. The newsletters will contain information on regulatory floodplains, the National Flood Insurance Program, Code Amendments, and other relevant topics.
- Issue 1 – June 2016
- Issue 2 – July 2016
- Issue 3 – December 2016
- Issue 4 – January 2017
- Issue 5 – August 2017
- Issue 6 – January 2018
- Issue 7 – May 2018
Signup to receive timely information on the program by subscribing to the project email list.
The public hearing process for adopting new floodplain mapping and associated code amendments requires that staff recommendations are presented at one or more Planning Commission public hearings, and then, with recommended approval by the Planning Commission, are brought to the Board of County Commissioners (BOCC) for one or more public hearings where a decision on the staff recommendation is made.
More information, including meeting dates and times, will be available here and on the Land Use Department’s docket webpage. Check regularly for updates. You can also view the BOCC’s and Planning Commission’s upcoming agendas to stay up-to-date on project activities.
Upcoming Public Hearings:
- No public hearings are scheduled at this time.
- No public meetings are scheduled at this time.
Viewing Draft Floodplain Data Online
Draft floodplain data is published on the county’s map review platform. This data is subject to change until it is officially adopted by FEMA – the county adoption process is underway to allow regulatory decisions to be made on the best available data.
- July 24, 2018 – Board of County Commissioners Public Hearing
- June 20, 2018 – Planning Commission Public Hearing
- May 16, 2018 – Planning Commission Study Session
- April 12, 2018 – Middle & Lower Left Hand Creek (Geer Canyon to Hover Street)
- Feb. 20, 2018 – All previous reaches plus North St. Vrain Creek along Longmont Dam Road
- Feb. 6, 2018 – James Creek (unincorporated areas) & upper Left Hand Creek (to and including Geer Canyon) – 118 Main St. (Jamestown Town Hall)
- Jan. 25, 2018 – Fourmile Canyon Creek – 1903 Linden Drive (Pine Brook Water District)
- Jan. 11, 2018 – Fourmile Creek and Gold Run, 1740 Fourmile Canyon Drive (Poorman Station)
- Visit the Floodplain Remapping Project Meeting Archives for more information on meetings that have been held as part of this work.
Boulder County Program Contact
- Erin Cooper – Floodplain Specialist – 720-564-2866 or email