Boulder County is committed to keeping the public informed about the mapping update program in an accurate and timely fashion.
Newsletters will be produced and disseminated throughout the duration of the program to provide property owners and other interested parties with regular updates. The newsletters will contain information on regulatory floodplains, the National Flood Insurance Program, Code Amendments, and other relevant topics.
- Issue 1 – June 2016
- Issue 2 – July 2016
- Issue 3 – December 2016
- Issue 4 – January 2017
- Issue 5 – August 2017
- Issue 6 – January 2018
Signup to receive timely information on the program by subscribing to the project email list.
The public hearing process for adopting new floodplain mapping and associated code amendments requires that staff recommendations are presented at one or more Planning Commission public hearings, and then, upon approval, brought to the Board of County Commissioners for another public hearing where a decision on the staff recommendation is made.
Upcoming Public Hearing:
There are no public hearings scheduled at this time
Public meetings for the Phase II floodplain mapping areas will be held from January 2018 through February 2018 and will be hosted in locations throughout the county near the waterways under review. The goal of the meetings is to gather additional information that could inform the draft mapping prior to FEMA review.
Upcoming Public Meetings
Thursday, April 12, 2018
- Meeting will focus on Left Hand Creek from Geer Canyon to Hover Road
- 5 to 7 p.m. – Open house with staff presentation at 5:15 p.m.
- Boulder County Parks & Open Space – 5201 St. Vrain Drive in Longmont
Viewing Draft Floodplain Data Online
Draft floodplain data is published on the county’s map review platform. Final drafts for adoption will be posted at least one week prior to the scheduled Planning Commission hearing. This data is subject to change until it is officially adopted by FEMA – the county adoption process is underway to allow regulatory decisions to be made on the best available data.
- Feb. 20, 2018 – All previous reaches plus North St. Vrain Creek along Longmont Dam Road
- Feb. 6, 2018 – James Creek (unincorporated areas) & upper Left Hand Creek (to and including Geer Canyon) – 118 Main St. (Jamestown Town Hall)
- Jan. 25, 2018 – Fourmile Canyon Creek – 1903 Linden Drive (Pine Brook Water District)
- Jan. 11, 2018 – Fourmile Creek and Gold Run, 1740 Fourmile Canyon Drive (Poorman Station)
- Visit the Floodplain Remapping Project Meeting Archives for more information on meetings that have been held as part of this work.
Boulder County Program Contact
- Erin Cooper – Floodplain Specialist – 720-564-2866 or email