- Cycling Restrictions Map – A map of roads that are currently closed to cyclists due to unsafe conditions
- Learn about construction projects on county roads you may want to avoid
- Register for the Boulder County Bike Listserv to learn about bike-related items from the county like road closures and travel restrictions and bike events.
- Safe Cycling on Boulder County Canyon Roads – Cycling restrictions have been temporarily lifted in James Canyon
- Cyclist-Motorist Community Working Group works to make travel safe in Boulder County for both modes.
The Transportation Department implements Boulder County’s Bicycle Program with the goal of enabling safe and efficient bicycle travel throughout the county, recognizing that cycling is an activity enjoyed by people of different ages and ability levels.
Boulder County Bike Maps – On and off-road
- Boulder County Bike Map
- Boulder County Parks & Open Space (POS) provides numerous trails for recreational cycling. Visit POS trails website for a list and maps.
- Check out the City of Boulder’s bike maps.
- Niwot multi-modal connections map
- Check out the City of Louisville’s trail map
- Check out the City of Lafayette’s trail map
- Check out the City of Longmont’s bike trail map
- Check out the Town of Erie’s trail map
Request bike maps for you or your company by contacting Alexandra Phillips.
Physical Infrastructure/ Bicycling Facilities
- Developing on-street and off-street facilities and other infrastructure to enable bicycling throughout the county
- The Transportation Master Plan describes Boulder County’s multimodal system and how it will be developed over the next 25 years
Bicycling & Transit
- Bike-n-Ride Shelters provide long-term, secure and weather-protected bicycle storage for commuters making connections to and from local or regional transit routes. Combine a bus trip and bike ride by using the shelter to complete the first or final mile of your commute!
- Bike parking at transit stops
Helping to make travel by bicycle easier and safer by sweeping shoulders on the most well-traveled bikeways, conducting snow removal on shared use paths, and conducting other maintenance activities on bicycle facilities.
- Ask the Maintenance Division for assistance by email or call 303-441-3962
- Make an online road Service Request
Bike Counting Program
Counting the number of bicycle riders on different roadways and shared use paths to determine which routes are used the most by cyclists.
- Learn more about the Bicycle Counting Program
Share the Road
- Safe Cycling – Driving Signage on County Roads
- Share the Road Guide
- The Rules of the Road in Colorado
- Check out the Safe Cycling on Boulder County Canyon Roads website to learn about how you can safely navigate through the mountains.
- Supporting “Safe Routes to School” and other community initiatives to encourage bicycling and other healthy activities that begin early in life.
- Working with groups throughout the county including Boulder County residents, state and local agencies, and bicycle organizations to promote cycling and to identify funding opportunities.
- Engaging with the bicycle community and motorists to develop effective ways to “Share the Road”
Bike to Work Day!
Colorado’s Bike to Work Day is the 4th Wednesday in June every year.
Bicycle Listserv Registration
Subscribe to the county’s bike email listserv to receive timely updates about cycling around Boulder County, including roadway closures and other restrictions.