Diagonal Shift began as a 2012-2013 program that encouraged people to use alternative transit options and avoid single-occupancy vehicle travel along the Diagonal Highway (SH 119) between Boulder and Longmont. The project was part of program from the Federal Highway Administration and CDOT and was designed to reduce traffic congestion and improve air quality.
Why focus on the Diagonal Highway and Gunbarrel, Niwot, and Longmont?
- Growing congestion
- Over 50,000 employees with growing projections
- Access and mobility concerns
- Improve quality of life
Commuting Options Along the Diagonal Highway
- Bus Options
- Carpooling, Vanpooling and ridesharing – Visit My Way to Go to find a carpool or vanpool near you. Way to Go also can create an exclusive company network for free. Contact Way to Go today and find out how.
- Program Ideas for Employers
Need Help With a Transportation Options Program at Your Office?
- If you’re in Boulder, including Gunbarrel, contact Boulder Transportation Connections.
- If you’re in Longmont, Erie and Lafayette, contact Smart Commute Metro North
- If you’re in Louisville, Superior, or on the US 36 corridor,contact 36 Commuting Solutions
- If you’re anywhere else, contact Way To Go.
More about Way to Go
Way to Go is a regional partnership between the Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG) and a dedicated group of Transportation Management Associations (TMAs). They work to reduce traffic congestion, improve air quality, and make life better for the region’s residents. Formerly known as RideArrangers, they’ve been promoting better commuting options for employers and individuals for more than 30 years.
The offer real-life solutions helping commuters save money, experience less stress, and save time, so that they can focus more on the things they enjoy. They’ll help you find a better commute for FREE.