The NEPPIDAC is an independent committee that provides Boulder County Commissioners with recommendations regarding the administration of the Nederland Eco Pass Public Improvement District.
While the Board of County Commissioners (BOCC) has the legal authority and responsibility to make decisions regarding the operation and finances of the District, the Committee members serve in an advisory capacity to the BOCC. The Committee acts as a communication link between the property owners and residents of the District and the BOCC. The Committee shall advise the BOCC and the Transportation Department on issues pertinent to the implementation of the public improvements serving the District.
- Interactive Boundary Map – See if your address is located within the district and eligible for a transit pass
- To learn more about the pass program, visit the Nederland Eco Pass website
- Read the Committee’s by-laws
In November 2013, voters within the Town of Nederland and outlying areas approved formation of a Public Improvement District (PID) with the intention to provide an Eco Pass for all permanent residents in the district and, if funding permitted, to create transportation related amenities. Starting in 2014, this program created an additional 1.85 property tax mill levy to fund the district for a period of 10 years.
The EcoPass is an annual transit pass purchased by a collection of residences. The pass provides unlimited usage of all regular RTD services, including:
- Any local, express or regional bus
- Boulder’s Community Transit Network (CTN): HOP, SKIP, JUMP, BOUND, DASH, STAMPEDE & BOLT
- SkyRide bus service to DIA
- “N” bus to Eldora Mountain Ski Resort
- Light Rail
Required Qualifications for Membership
NEPPIDAC shall consist of five (5) individuals all of whom must live within the district. Proof of residency is required.
One member of the NEPPIDAC shall be recommended by the Nederland Board of Trustees to be appointed by the Public Improvement District (PID) Board. The term of this appointment shall coincide with the Nederland Board of Trustees two-year election cycle. New appointments are made in June after the April elections. This member will act as the Chair and liaison for the Advisory Committee.
The remaining four (4) members of the NEPPIDAC shall be at-large positions appointed by the District Board. The at-large positions shall have four-year terms staggered every two years.
Current Board Members
- Scott Ptach – Member-at-Large – term through Feb. 28, 2020 (Chair)
- Shirin Chahal – Member-at-Large – term through Feb. 28, 2020
- Vera Schulte-Pelkum – Member-at-Large – term through Feb. 28, 2021
- Vacant – Member-at-Large
- Kristin Conrad – Town of Nederland Representative – Open ended term
Meetings & Minutes
Monday, March 18, 2019
4 to 6 p.m.
Nederland Community Center – Small Conference Room
750 CO Highway 72 North
- Nov. 27, 2017
- Oct. 5, 2017
- Feb. 24, 2017
- Dec. 2, 2016
- Oct. 27, 2016
- July 28, 2016
- April 28, 2016
- Jan. 14, 2016
- July 16, 2015
- April 8, 2014
- March 5, 2015
- June 24, 2014
- December 5, 2014
- Use our online comment form to provide your thoughts and to ask questions.