Boulder County Transportation provides funding and planning support for regional transit services. Transportation also plans for future transit services as part of the Consortium of Cities Regional Transit Committee.
Regional Transit Services
Boulder County is an active supporter of multiple transit services and helps facilitate planning, marketing and awareness programs throughout the county. Current county-sponsored services include (Visit RTD’s website for more information, including schedules, on all of their routes):
- BOLT – Between Longmont and Boulder
- JUMP – Between Boulder and Lafayette via Arapahoe Avenue/Road
- DASH – Between Boulder, Louisville and Lafayette
- FLEX – Between Ft. Collins, Loveland, Longmont, and Boulder – Operated by TRANSFORT – Check out a short informational video
- LD/LX – Between Longmont, Lafayette, Broomfield, Westminster, and Denver
While the county actively supports and funds some existing transit services, our main role is planning for future services. Our most recent efforts have been to create the Mountain Town Transit Feasibility Study.
- SH 7 (Boulder to Brighton) Bus Rapid Transit Feasibility & PEL Study
- SH 119 (Boulder to Longmont) Bus Rapid Transit & NEPA Study (led by RTD)
In addition to actively participating in long range planning of transit routes, the county supports and encourages addressing first and final mile needs in order to make transit more accessible to a variety of users. RTD has recently completed some important studies on the subject:
- First and Last Mile Strategic Plan (led by RTD)
Bus Passes – Boulder County EcoPass Subsidy
Boulder County companies and neighborhoods new to the EcoPass program that sign-up through the county are eligible for an introductory subsidy. The multi-year subsidy takes up to 60% off the first year and 30% off the second year of new contracts.
EcoPass is an annual transit pass purchased by an employer as a benefit for full-time employees. EcoPass provides unlimited rides on all local, regional, and light rail transit services operated by RTD.
Transit Service Providers
- Regional Transportation District (RTD)
- VIA Mobility Services – operator of the HOP and Climb routes, and services for elderly & mobility impaired
- The Climb – Serves mountain communities of western Boulder County
- FLEX – Provides bus service between Ft. Collins, Loveland, Longmont, and Boulder – Check out a short informational video
Transit Management Organizations
- Commuting Solutions – A non-profit dedicated to enhancing mobility for commuters along the US 36 corridor
- Boulder Transportation Connections