Boulder County Transportation, in partnership with the City of Boulder and CDOT Region 4, is planning to reconstruct 71st Street between Lookout Road and Highway 52. The reconstruction project will:
- Widen 71st Street to include paved shoulders;
- Realign the 71st/CO Highway 52 intersection farther east to improve safety;
- Construct a new 10-foot wide concrete path along Lookout Road and down 71st Street to Winchester Office Park;
- Replace the crossing of the Longmont-to-Boulder Trail with a new median-protected crossing;
- Reconstruct one-block of Glacier View Road to fix long-standing drainage problems and to improve pedestrian access into the Gunbarrel Estates neighborhood; and,
- Improve lighting and bicycle parking along the corridor.
To simplify permitting and maintain access into the Winchester Business Park, the project will be constructed in two segments. The first section (Lookout to Winchester Circle), will be completed in 2020. The second section (Winchester Circle to CO Highway 52), will be underway in either 2021 or 2022.
- Tim Swope, AICP – email or 720-564-2658