PROJECT RESUMES MONDAY, MARCH 12, 2018 – Daytime/Weekday Road Closures will be in effect
- 95th Street closed from just north of Valmont Road to just south of Isabelle Road 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. – Monday through Friday
- Isabelle Road residential access only between US 287 and 95th Street
- Valmont Road residential access only between 75th Street and 95th Street
- Access Teller Farms Trailhead parking from 75th Street side of Valmont
- Construction is anticipated to last through May, but we should be able to get the road open in early May.
The full road closures are needed in order to safely complete the remaining pieces of this project, which includes drainage/private utility improvements, hydrant installation, road widening, road resurfacing, and striping. Work is anticipated to be complete by the end of May, weather permitting. We’ll do everything we can to get the road back open before the full project completion.
Valmont and Isabelle roads intersect 95th Street at an “offset” intersection that requires eastbound and westbound vehicles to share the road with north-south traffic on 95th Street. Neither intersection is signalized leading to significant peak-hour congestion and accident rates that are among the highest of any intersection in Boulder County.
The 95th Street Intersection Improvement Project will make operational improvements at a set of two off-set stop-controlled intersections on 95th Street. Work will include:
- Widening 95th Street to allow for legthened center turn lane for both intersections while maintaining the standard paved shoulder width along with a southbound right-turn lane onto Valmont from 95th Street
- Widening Isabelle Road to allow for an additional turn lane onto 95th Street
- Geometric improvements on Valmont Road at the intersection to improve safety and improve roadside drainage during storm events.
Funding for the 95th Street intersection improvements is through a combination of County Transportation Sales Tax and Federal grants for intersection safety improvements.
The widening of Valmont Road, Isabelle Road, and 95th Street between the two intersections is listed on the 2007 Ballot Issue to fund transportation improvements throughout the county.
Boulder County was awarded $900,000 in Federal Hazard Elimination funds in 2012 to address safety concerns at the two intersections.
- Public Process – 2013 to 2015
- Design – Complete
- Construction will last through May, but we should be able to reopen the road in early May.