Boulder County Transportation in partnership with the City of Longmont is planning to reconstruct both Sunset Street and Boston Street in a section of unincorporated Boulder County located within Longmont.
- New sidewalks along the remaining sections of Sunset Street; along Boston Avenue from Sunset to the Boston bridge over St. Vrain Creek; and, along the west side of River Road from Boston down to the existing sidewalk
- Intersection improvements including new pedestrian facilities, turn lanes, and bicycle facilities
- Bike lanes along both Sunset and Boston
- Drainage improvements including improved storm drains along Boston Avenue
The goal of the Boston/Sunset Improvement Project is to improve safety for all road users; provide new pedestrian connections along the corridor; and, repave both roads for long-term resiliency.
The project is funded by the City of Longmont, Boulder County, and the Federal Housing and Urban Development Department.
Open House to Present Plans and Gather Feedback
Wednesday, Nov. 1, 2017
4 to 6 p.m.
City of Longmont Sunset Campus
7 S. Sunset Street
Longmont, CO 80501
Boulder County and the City of Longmont will host a public open house to present preliminary plans and gather feedback on proposed improvements to Sunset Street and Boston Avenue. You can also submit feedback using the contact information located on this page.
- Preliminary Design Plans (10/9/17) – The plans have been abbreviated for size and clarity. Full design sets are available from Boulder County Transportation.
To comment on the plans, please contact Andrew Barth at:
- Call 303-441-1032
- Send a letter to P.O Box 471, C/O Andrew Barth Boulder County Transportation, Boulder, CO 80306