Boulder County Transportation in partnership with the City of Longmont is planning to reconstruct both Sunset Street and Boston Street in a section of unincorporated Boulder County located within Longmont.
- New sidewalks along the remaining sections of Sunset Street; along Boston Avenue from Sunset to the Boston bridge over St. Vrain Creek; and, along the west side of River Road from Boston down to the existing sidewalk
- Intersection improvements including new pedestrian facilities, turn lanes, and bicycle facilities
- Bike lanes along both Sunset and Boston
- Drainage improvements including improved storm drains along Boston Avenue
The goal of the Boston/Sunset Improvement Project is to improve safety for all road users; provide new pedestrian connections along the corridor; and, repave both roads for long-term resiliency.
The project is funded by the City of Longmont, Boulder County, and the Federal Housing and Urban Development Department.
No meetings are scheduled at this time
- Nov. 1, 2017 – Boulder County and the City of Longmont hosted a public open house to present preliminary plans and gather feedback on proposed improvements to Sunset Street and Boston Avenue
- First Public Notice on Potential Impacts to a Flood Hazard Area, which appeared int the Oct. 12, 2017 edition of the Longmont Times Call
- Final Public Notice on the Potential Impacts to a Flood Hazard Area, which ran in the Nov. 12, 2017 edition of the Longmont Times Call
- Preliminary Design Plans (10/9/17) – The plans have been abbreviated for size and clarity. Full design sets are available from Boulder County Transportation.
- First Public Notice on Impacts to Flood Hazard Area, which ran in the Longmont Times Call on Nov. 13, 2017
To comment on the plans, please contact Andrew Barth at:
- Call 303-441-1032
- Send a letter to P.O Box 471, C/O Andrew Barth Boulder County Transportation, Boulder, CO 80306