Boulder County Transportation, in partnership with Weld County, the City of Longmont, and the Town of Erie, are developing a corridor master plan for East County Line (ECL) Road/Weld County Road (WCR) 1. The master plan will guide future improvements along a 12-mile corridor between State Highway 66 in the City of Longmont and Jay Road in the Town of Erie.
There will be several opportunities for providing input while the master plan is developed. The first is an open house where project staff will share preliminary findings of the current condition of the road and conceptual ideas for its future:
ECL/WCR 1 Master Plan Open House
4:30 to 6:30 p.m.
Thursday, May 16, 2019
Trail Ridge Middle School – 1000 Button Rock Dr., Longmont, CO 80504
(Meeting materials will be made available here before the meeting)
In addition to public meetings, the project team has developed an online tool where anyone can post comments directly on a map of the corridor to show exactly where there may be problems and opportunities for improvements.
You can also provide comments directly to the team using an online comment form.
Stay up-to-date on all project information, including public meeting announcements, by signing-up for the project notification list.
We’re looking for you to tell us:
- Where there are unsafe areas
- Where there’s congestion and when do you experience it
- What other problems do you experience, like turning in and out of driveways and moving through intersections
- If you avoid certain sections of the road and why
- What kind of pedestrian and bicycle improvements are needed and where
- Anything else you may think is important about the present and future of this corridor
- Phase I – Existing Conditions Reports – October 2018 to June 2019
- Phase II – Future Conditions & Recommendations Reports – July to August/September 2019
- Phase III – Master Plan Development – September to December 2019
- Phase IV – Master Plan Approval – Early 2020
- Tim Swope – Boulder County Capital Improvement Projects Coordinator – email or 720-564-2658