Boulder County Transportation is planning to reconstruct Lee Hill Drive from Olde Stage Road to Deer Trail Road and Deer Trail Road from Lee Hill Drive to the end of pavement.
Phase I – Completed 2018
Phase II – Begins May 6, 2019
- Phase II Work
- Lee Hill Drive Repaving – Lee Hill Drive has not be repaved in over 20 years. Paving will take place between Olde Stage Road and Deer Trail Drive.
- Deer Trail Drive Repaving – Deer Trail was first paved in 1982 during the development of the Boulder Heights subdivision, and its condition has severely deteriorated. The work will require reconstruction of most of the roadway. This work is funded by the county’s subdivision paving program.
- Guardrail Replacement – All guardrail along Lee Hill and Deer Trail drives will be replaced and brought up to current standards.
Phase II Construction Schedule and Travel Impacts
- Work is anticipated to start Monday, May 6
- Work will take place 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Expect daytime lane closures with flagging personnel and the use of a traffic signal 24/7 at Windy Point (large curve up from Olde Stage intersection) due to tight work zone.
- Deer Trail Resurfacing – May 20 to June 7
- Lee Hill Guardrail Replacement and Repaving
- May 1 through October 2019
An open house was held on May 22, 2018 to discuss the project and travel impacts – Meeting Exhibits
For more information and to sign up for the project email list, contact Public Information Officer Andrew Barth at:
- Send a letter to
- PO Box 471
- C/O Andrew Barth Boulder County Transportation
- Boulder, CO 80306
Current Roadway Conditions
Pavement west of Olde Stage Road