** MEETING POSTPONED** Public Meeting to Share Updated Plans and Gather Feedback **MEETING POSTPONED**
New Date TBD
5:30 to 7 p.m.
Left Hand Grange
195 2nd Ave in Niwot, CO
Transportation Department staff and their consultant will present updated plans, answer questions, and collect feedback on options for Phase II (info below) of the project.
- June 8, 2017 – Boulder County Transportation present plans (available below) for installing new and replacement sidewalks, curbs, and ramps in Morton Heights to improve pedestrian and bicycle access to the elementary school. Most of the planned improvements will take place on Walker Road and Morton Road.
Project Details and Phases
Phase I – Installation of a Temporary 8-foot wide Two-Way Cycle-Track
This work will help get kids who walk or bike to school safely to their destination:
- Temporary asphalt cycle-track that is physically separated from the roadway by flexible delineator (see photo to the right)
- View proposed layout of cycle track along Morton Road
- Niwot Elementary Site Circulation Project Layout – Currently under construction – funded by SVVSD
- To be constructed this summer before kids return to school at Niwot Elementary
- Provides a safe route from the existing sidewalk at Walker Ave to the pedestrian crossing, which has crossing guards during school hours
- The temporary surface will be removed when the permanent multi-use path is constructed in phase II (2018)
Phase II – Installation of an 8-foot wide multi-use path – 2 Options
- Project Area Map
- Options 1 & 2 – “Attached Multi-Use Path” & “Detached Multi-Use Path”
- Currently in the preliminary planning phase, which is why we’d like your input.
- Working with Niwot Elementary and SVVSD to improve safe student access and promote biking and walking to school
- Investigating various path alignments for connecting proposed 8-foot trail to existing trails in Niwot
- Collecting information on homeowner impacts in Morton Heights, including landscaping issues
- Looking at drainage improvements that may be necessary to construct the path
- Waiting on results from topography survey to help inform path alignment and drainage system improvements
Provide Input & Ask Questions
If you have feedback or a question, please contact Dave Webster via email or call 303-441-3900