Boulder County Transportation is reconstructing North 83rd between Niwot Road and the Diagonal Highway (SH 119). The project also includes the replacement of the Dry Creek #2 culvert and reconstruction of Lefthand Valley Grange Trailhead.
Construction will last through October 2017.
- Full reconstruction of 1-mile of North 83rd Street
- Maintain current road width
- Widen road by 4-feet between Niwot and Neva roads
- Two new raised trail crossings
- One at Niwot Loop Trail north of Niwot Road
- One at Longmont-to-Boulder trail crossing south of SH 119
- Reconstruction of the Lefthand Valley Grange Park parking lot (funded by Parks and Open Space Department)
Project Details & Designs
Construction-Ready Designs – Uploaded June 7, 2017 – This plan set has been broken down to make it easier to download
- Pages 1 to 27 – Cover, introduction, notes, quantities, site plan, typical sections, tabulations, survey control, geology, and geometry
- Pages 28 to 47 – Construction details and removals and resets
- Pages 48 to 65 – Plans and Profiles
- Pages 66 to 96 – Culvert details, storm drain, sewer, utilities, stormwater management, erosion control
- Pages 97 to 111 – Signage and striping
- Pages 112 to 162 – Traffic control during construction & detour plans, cross sections, trailhead plans, and easements
Closure of North 83rd – Summer 2017
North 83rd Street will need to be closed (24/7)) for the month of August in order to complete construction. View the detour plan.
- Andrew Barth – Communications – email or 303-441-1032
- Contact Andrew to be added to the project email list