In May 2020, Boulder County Transportation will begin a major construction effort on Olde Stage Road between Lee Hill and Lefthand Canyon drives. The project has numerous components, including:
- Two new retaining walls to provide stability for the roadway and hillside
- A new culvert at Six Mile Creek that will increase resiliency and accommodate higher flows (photo to the right)
- A map of the project location is available at the bottom of this page.
In 2021, a repaving project will take place that will include wider shoulder on the south side create a climbing lane for cyclists and provide room for emergency services on Olde Stage Road north of Lee Hill Drive
The project will begin with construction of the new retaining walls, which are located closer to the Lee Hill side of the road. Work will begin in the May 2020 and will last into August. The culvert installation will be undertaken by the same construction company and should have a similar schedule to the retaining wall project
Travel Impacts in 2020
- Traffic signals will be used in two locations as the road will be reduced to one-lane in multiple locations 24 hours a days/seven days a week
- No full closures
- There may be extended delays during working hours (8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday) when equipment and supplies are being moved in the available travel lane.
- Bikes will need to merge with cars in the available travel lane