The Coal Creek/Rock Creek Regional Trail System is the first piece of Boulder County’s Regional Trail Program. The first segment was built in 1990.
The Coal Creek Regional Trail is a 14+ mile soft-surface trail that parallels Coal Creek from S. 66th Street in Superior through Louisville and Lafayette to Vista Parkway in Erie.
The 12-mile Rock Creek Regional Trail is primarily a soft-surface trail that generally parallels Rock Creek from original town Superior, through the Carolyn Holmberg Preserve/Rock Creek Farm Open Space to the Rock Creek and Coal Creek Confluence in Lafayette. Concrete trail portions are located within the Town of Superior.
Additional Trail Information
Additional trail information is located through the Parks and Open Space Department.
- Rock Creek Regional Trail – US 287 (Rock Creek Farm) to Dillon Road (Completed 2009)
- Coal Creek Regional Trail – Mayhoffer Singletree Extension (Completed 2010)
- Meadowlark Trail (Completed 2011)
- Coal Creek Regional Trail – 120th Street to confluence of Coal and Rock Creeks (Completed by the City of Lafayette 2012).
- Coal Creek/Rock Creek Trail Project – Eastern Link (Completed 2013)
Future Projects (Missing Links)
- Rock Creek Regional Trail – West Flatiron Crossing Drive to S. 104th Street (To be completed by the City & County of Broomfield)