The LoBo Regional Trail is a 12-mile planned trail that joins trail systems in Gunbarrel, Niwot, City of Boulder Open Space, and County Open Space Properties connecting the City of Boulder with the City of Longmont.
The primarily soft-surface LoBo Regional Trail was identified in the 2003 Regional Trails planning process as preferable to a hard surface connection originally planned to be directly adjacent to the Diagonal Highway. Instead, some spot improvements to the shoulders along the Diagonal Highway were identified for a hard-surface connection for bicyclists with the LoBo Trail serving as a meandering connection for both recreational and commuting use.
Additional Trail Information
Additional trail information is located through the Parks and Open Space Department.
- 95th Street Bridge (completed 2010, part of Longmont-to-Boulder Regional Trail Connections Project)
- 83rd Street to 95th Street Trail (completed 2011, part of Longmont-to-Boulder Regional Trail Connections Project)
- Longmont-to-Boulder Regional Connections Project, which is comprised of the three segments and includes 95th Street Bridge, 83rd Street to 95th Street trail, and IBM Connector trail.
- These projects are funded through federal transportation enhancement funds approved in 2007. Additional funding is from the countywide Transportation Improvement program approved by voters in 2001 and extended in 2007, and from the City of Longmont for the 95th Street Bridge segment.
- Longmont-to-Boulder: IBM Connector Trail – Will connect Gunbarrel to the Boulder Reservoir and travels underneath SH 119/Diagonal (in construction, part of Longmont-to-Boulder Regional Trail Connections Project)
- Twin Lakes Trail Connections
Future Projects (Missing Links)
- Jay Road to Spine Road