Boulder County Transportation, in partnership with the City of Boulder, is constructing a multi-use path connection between Twin Lakes Trail and Spine Road in Gunbarrel to improve multi-modal connections and enhance the Longmont-to-Boulder (LoBo) regional trail system. Federal funding is being leveraged to complete this project. Construction is will start in January 2020. The project is anticipated through May 2020.
Construction-Related Travel Impacts
- TWIN LAKES ROAD WILL BE SOUTHBOUND TRAFFIC ONLY (ONE-WAY) STARTING WEDNESDAY, FEB. 19
- Area is too tight to complete concrete roadway panel replacement without going to one-way configuration
- This configuration will be in place 24-hours a day, seven days a week for approximately two-weeks
- After the one-way work is done, Twin Lakes Drive will need to be closed at Brandon Creek Drive for approximately 10-days to complete additional roadway repairs.
- Working hours = 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
- After one-way and road closure work is done (above), expect single-lane closures in construction zones during working hours; Delays can range up-to 15-minutes, but we’ll do our best to keep people moving quickly
- Pedestrians and bicyclists may also be detoured around active work zones
- Impacts to driveway access when crews are working at them. We will coordinate this activity with property owners.
Planning Study – Conceptual Designs
- Conceptual Design Summary Report
- Final Preferred Alternative