Boulder County Transportation, in partnership with the City of Boulder, is constructing a multi-use path connection between Twin Lakes Trail and Spine Road in Gunbarrel to improve multi-modal connections and enhance the Longmont-to-Boulder (LoBo) regional trail system. In addition, repairs are being made to Twin Lakes Road. Federal funding is being leveraged to complete this project. Construction has started and the project is anticipated through May 2020.
Construction-Related Travel Impacts
- TWIN LAKES ROAD WILL BE CLOSED AT BRANDON CREEK DRIVE STARTING MONDAY, MARCH 16
- Area is too tight to complete concrete roadway panel replacement without closure (see map)
- This configuration will be in place 24-hours a day, seven days a week for approximately two-weeks
- Working hours = 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
- After one-way and road closure work is done (above), expect single-lane closures in construction zones during working hours; Delays can range up-to 15-minutes, but we’ll do our best to keep people moving quickly
- Pedestrians and bicyclists may also be detoured around active work zones
- Impacts to driveway access when crews are working at them. We will coordinate this activity with property owners.
Planning Study – Conceptual Designs
- Conceptual Design Summary Report
- Final Preferred Alternative