Boulder County, in partnership with the City of Boulder and Town of Erie, is evaluating options for the creation of a new soft-surface regional trail connection along the RTD-owned rail corridor linking the City of Boulder and Erie. This connection was identified in the county’s regional trails prioritization process in 2003 and is eligible for funding through the Countywide Sales Tax Ballot passed by voters in 2007.
The first step in trail development is to conduct a master planning process to identify needs, opportunities, and constraints of constructing the regional trail. That process is scheduled to begin in the summer of 2019. More information will be posted here as it becomes available.
The project will include multiple opportunities for public input.
- Register for the project notification list if you’d like to receive timely news and meeting information about this effort.
- Use the project’s online question/comment form.
- Send an email to the team.
Community Working Group
As part of the planning process, a community working group will be formed to assist with the project.
- Complete an application to become a community working group member.
- After completing the form (above):
- Email it back to us at RTDRailTrail@BoulderCounty.org, OR
- Mail it to us –
Boulder County Transportation
c/o Tonya Luebbert
P.O. Box 471
Boulder, CO 80306