Construction will start in November 2020
Expect lane closures and traffic shifts on US 287 and on Isabelle Road. Travel delays are anticipated. Alternative routes advised.
- Working hours – 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
- November through March
- Project Hotline = 720-745-6848
- Project Email = US287andIsabelleRd@gmail.com
- Widening of Isabelle Road from 109th Street (Town of Erie) to 800 feet west of US 287.
- Stripe new buffered bike lanes both east and west on Isabelle Road across the intersection
- Lengthen the existing turn lanes on Isabelle Road to reduce conflicts for waiting vehicles
- Add dual left-turn lanes for westbound traffic
- Replace existing traffic signals with new poles on raised islands
- Add pedestrian crossings on all four corners
- Install new street lights to improve visibility within project limits
- Realign the Isabelle Road and 109th Street intersection to improve sight distance for both southbound and westbound traffic
- Construct new wetlands northeast of the intersection to mitigate project impacts and improve habitat
Previous Public Meetings
- March 3, 2020 – Updated designs were available for review. View plans for improvements
- April 17, 2019 – Boulder County hosted a project open house to provide the public with an opportunity to review preliminary plans, ask questions, and provide comments.
This project is partially funded through a $2.6 million award from the Federal Highway Safety Improvement Program. The State of Colorado is providing $290,000, the Town of Erie will provide $300,000, and the remainder will be paid for using Countywide Transportation Tax funds.
- Andrew Barth, Public Works Communications – 303-441-1032 or email