The permanent reconstruction project is underway.
Project Update – June 8, 2017
There are currently short (1-2 minute) travel delays occurring infrequently in different locations throughout the work zone as private utilities work to relocate gas, electrical, and telecommunications lines, arborists trim and remove trees, and as SEMA moves equipment and material down the road.
Permanent closure of Bow Mountain Drive is anticipated to begin Wednesday, June 14 and will last into August.
Remaining asphalt on Wagonwheel Gap Road will be removed on Monday and Tuesday, June 18 and 19. Expect longer delays (5 to 7 minutes) to accommodate for this work. The contractor will routinely apply dust control material and grade the road after all asphalt has been removed.
Travel During Construction
- Work hours = 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. – Monday through Friday
- Some Saturdays, but only when necessary
- No work on major holidays
- Wagonwheel Gap Road will be reduced to one lane in multiple locations
- Flaggers and traffic signals will be used to move people through the work zone
- Delays of up to, but not to exceed, 15-minutes
- Will likely be much shorter – 3 to 5 minutes
- Actual time based on length of work zone and speed of slowest traveler (likely cyclists)
- Bow Mountain Drive will be fully closed at Wagonwheel while a new bridge is built
- Anticipated dates = June through September 2017
- Emergency service providers will be granted access
- Emergency Service Providers will have immediate access at all times
- Construction is anticipated to last until the fall of 2018
JANUARY 13, 2017 – 100% Plans – These are construction ready plans, but they may not be final as small adjustments can still be made if needed. The overall plan set has been broken down into smaller sections to make it easier to download.
- Pages 1 to 27 – Introduction, Symbol Key, Notes, Typicals, Quantities, Tabulations, Key Map, and Geometric Layout
- Pages 28 to 53 – Removals & Resets and Roadway Plans & Profiles
- Pages 54 to 82 – Driveway & Approach Grading, Speed Hump Details, Drainage Plans & Profiles
- Pages 83 to 117 – Lion Point Grading, Drainage Details, Culvert Details, General Bridge Information, Bow Mountain Bridge Plans
- Pages 118 to 140 – Lee Hill Approach Bridge Details and Wagonwheel Gap Bridge Details
- Pages 141 to 173 – Retaining Walls
- Pages 174 to 195 – Suggested Phasing Plan and Source Water Management Plan (SWMP)
- Pages 196 to 225 – Cross Sections
Previous plan sets are available upon request
Previous Meetings & Meeting Materials:
- Oct. 20, 2015 – Updated Plans (30% design phase ) for Permanent Reconstruction
- Feb. 24, 2015
- Presentation of 15% designs
Project Contacts/How to Comment:
- Andrew Barth – Communications – 303-441-1032 – email
- Alli Kelly – Project Engineer – 720-564-2651 – email