Follow these steps to join the Boulder County Adopt-A-Road program:
1. Ensure your organization can meet the Adopt-A-Road requirements:
- Minimum of a one year commitment with at least two reported cleanups a year
- Complete volunteer waiver forms for all volunteers
- Correspond with the Transportation Department as needed
- Meet the policies and procedures of the program
2. Check to see what roads are available. The following roads are currently available:
- Ridge Road from Hurricane Hill to Cold Springs; 1.9 miles long
- Niwot Road from 63rd Street to 73rd Street; 1 mile long
3. Fill out an application and mail it or email it to the department (information at bottom of page). Then follow the next steps.
4. Read our Welcome Packet
5. Organize your volunteers, and have them:
6. Set cleanup dates. These can be scheduled independently of the Department of Transportation at your organization’s convenience. You must have two every year. More details are in the Welcome Packet.
7. Clean up your section. Please follow all policies and procedures as outlined in the Welcome Packet.
8. Report your cleanups through our Accomplishment Form.
- Photos of volunteers who have completed the Photo Release Form are always appreciated so Boulder County can continue to promote this great program!
9. Upkeep your forms
- Ensure any new volunteers follow step 5
- If anything changes, please reach out the Transportation Department
9. Let us know if you want to continue. Once your commitment period has ended, please confirm with the Boulder County Transportation Department if you would like to continue or end your adoption by sending us an email.