The Board of County Commissioners has the authority to regulate No Parking zones and placement of No Parking signs on county roads, based on recommendations of the Transportation Department. County roads are public rights-of-way and are presumed to be available for parking unless:
- There is a safety issue,
- The road must be clear for emergency access,
- Environmental resources, or
- Access to private property is compromised.
When considering requests for No Parking Zones and place of No Parking Signs, the Transportation Department will evaluate the specific location using the following criteria:
- Traffic safety concerns,
- Access for road maintenance and emergency vehicle operations,
- Access to local residential and business off street parking, and
- Potential effects on neighboring streets.