|Application or Registration Deadline:
|| Ongoing Volunteer Opportunity
||Open Space, Environment, and Gardening
|Time Commitment or Project Date:
||Three special events, between May and October. Must be at least 18 years of age.
Angler hosts visit the following parks:
- Cattail Pond
- Lagerman Reservoir
- Stearns Lake at Carolyn Holmberg Preserve
- Walden Ponds Wildlife Habitat
- Volunteers assist in developing and running educational programs that introduce kids to fishing.
- Opportunity to meet and work with people with similar interests
- Network with land management professionals
- Advanced training sessions and field trips
|Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in kids fishing clinics by assisting with the set up and teaching of beginner fishing skills (such as knot tying, casting, and fish handling).
- Assist the department at fishing events as a greeter and/or providing verbal and hands-on education
- Provide park visitors and program participants with excellent customer service as a trained, uniformed Boulder County Parks and Open Space representative
|Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Comfortable initiating conversations
- Willing to work as a part of a team
- Abide by all open space rules and regulations, and set an example for other park visitors
- Must have personal transportation
- Pass criminal background check
|Training Dates and Information:
- Complete one full-day training on June 10.
- Commit to working at least three special events, between June and October (about 15-20 hours each year).
For more information contact Michelle Marotti at email@example.com or 303-678-6219.