|| Ongoing Volunteer Opportunity
||Human Services and Public Health
|Time Commitment or Project Date:
||120 hours; enrolled in graduate-level academic program
Longmont, CO 80501
The role of the ABCD Committee is to mobilize local partners to coordinate developmental screening, referral, and follow-up for children and their families in Boulder County. The ABCD work plan identifies the following priorities:
1. To increase the number and rate of children who undergo and complete the developmental screening process.
2. To give parents the tools, knowledge, and resources to fully support and advocate for their children’s development.
|Duties and Responsibilities:
Description of Work:
This intern position will support the collection of data for the above-identified priorities. The position will also work to improve the quantity and quality of data regarding the developmental screening process (i.e. screening, referral, evaluation, and services) and the pregnancy-related depression screening process from medical providers in Boulder County for children from birth to three years of age. Based upon the identified priorities, the position will update the existing survey, administer it to providers by phone, evaluate the survey data, and compile the results into a report.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Collect, collate, and analyze data to inform the work of the Boulder County ABCD Partnership, including domain data from a variety of sources.
• Prepare a final project report that includes information about screening practices in Boulder County for developmental screening and the pregnancy-related depression screening process.
|Qualifications and Requirements:
Education: Graduate-level study in public health, public administration, or related field.
Experience: Relevant experience in research, data collection, evaluation, and management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge and/or background in early childhood health and development.
• Professional oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent research skills.
• Strong time management and organizational skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
• Self-directed and motivated upon receiving appropriate orientation and resources.
• Comfort with administering a phone survey.
• Must submit immunization history form and immunization documentation. Some immunizations and/or tuberculosis (TB) tests may be required (at the expense of BCPH), and the intern must comply with these requirements prior to start date.
|Training Dates and Information:
Training will be provided by the program coordinator and will include a review of current committee work, priorities, and work plan. Ongoing training will be provided, as needed.
• Public health data collection and analysis experience.
• Network with key staff and community partners in early childhood health and development.
• Excellent opportunity to support program planning for developmental screening in Boulder County.
• Gain a better understanding of the role of public health in community planning efforts.
• Opportunity to extend into capstone project.
The position will be supervised by the Early Childhood Screening Coordinator and Children with Special Needs Program Coordinator.
BCPH Volunteer/Intern Services Program
Boulder CO 80304
Submit an application online.