Farm to Early Care and Education (ECE) Produce Delivery Volunteer
|| Ongoing Volunteer Opportunity
||Human Services and Public Health
|Time Commitment & Minimum Age:
||4 hours/week for 24 weeks from early May-mid October
Throughout Boulder County
Farm to Early Care and Education (ECE) is a nutrition education program that aims to give children ages 6 months to five year the opportunity to lean about healthy, locally grown fruit and vegetables.
• Cooking activities
• Taste tests
• Field trips
• Farmer visits
• Meals and snacks
• Nutrition lessons
|Duties and Responsibilities:
The Child Health Promotion (CHP) Program at Boulder County Public Health (BCPH) is seeking a volunteer to help deliver locally grown produce to childcare programs throughout Boulder County. The position generally requires 4 hours per week on Monday mornings for approximately 24 weeks from early May to mid-October.
• Drive to the Boulder County Farmers Market warehouse in south Longmont.
• Load bags of fruits and vegetables and deliver them to local childcare programs throughout Boulder County.
|Qualifications and Requirements:
Education: None required.
Experience: None required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: None specified.
• Must have a reliable personal vehicle that is readily available for business use; minimum liability insurance, as required by the State of Colorado; a valid and current driver’s license; and a driving record in good standing.
• Must submit immunization history form and immunization documentation vaccination. Some immunizations (e.g. COVID-19 vaccine) and/or tuberculosis (TB) tests may be required (at the expense of BCPH), and the volunteer must comply with these requirements prior to start date.
• Universal precautions and TB training will be provided by the BCPH employee infection control nurse before the volunteer may begin.
• Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
|Training Dates and Information:
Training and Orientation: None required.
• Create health equity: Health equity means everyone has the opportunity to attain their highest level of health. All staff at Boulder County Public Health (BCPH) are expected to work toward achieving health equity in Boulder County.
• Support diversity: BCPH is committed to the diversity of its staff, as well as providing culturally responsive programs and services that help to reduce health inequities in Boulder County. BCPH welcomes and encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds and abilities to apply.
• Conduct work in accordance with BCPH core values: Foster Trust; Demonstrate Respect and Compassion; Collaborate and Build Strong Teams; Be Flexible, Creative, and Innovative; Pursue and Support Personal and Professional Growth; Recognize Leadership in Everyone; and Promote Inclusion and Honor the Life Experiences of Others.
Benefits Gained: Mileage will be reimbursed.
Supervision: This position will be supervised by the Farm to ECE program specialist.
Submit an application online or contact Volunteer Services:
BCPH Volunteer/Intern Services Program
Boulder CO 80304