|| Ongoing Volunteer Opportunity
||Human Services and Public Health
|Time Commitment or Project Date:
||10-15 hours per week with a 6-month commitment; flexible schedule
Boulder, CO 80304
The Raising of America Partnership in Boulder County is committed to engaging the community in supporting families and young children. The partnership works to prevent adverse childhood experiences that can lead to negative health outcomes. Investing in early childhood development pays off over the course of a child’s life. The Raising of America Partnership’s goals are to:
• Provide a place in the community for families and their supporters where their concerns and ideas are heard.
• Help businesses foster workplaces that support working families.
• Ask businesses and policy makers to help ensure that all children have access to quality child care and preschool.
|Duties and Responsibilities:
Description of Work:
Under the supervision of the Early Childhood Community Engagement Specialist, the volunteer will support activities that directly relate to the Raising of America Partnership. The volunteer will co-coordinate the educational events, as well as evaluate activities and implement strategies for improving partnership interaction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in planning activities for and with the Raising of America Partnership.
• Assist in coordinating educational events in the community, with special focus on parents and parent groups.
• Collect and analyze event evaluations.
• Provide assistance in improving the Raising of America website.
• Assist in design and implementation of a community engagement plan with parents.
• Communicate with community members and partners to help create, launch, and raise awareness about early childhood.
• Assist in the creation and distribution of educational materials, such as brochures and flyers, and develop marketing and promotional initiatives.
• Attend bimonthly meetings of the Raising of America Partnership.
• Document and promote activities through social media and grassroots marketing strategies.
|Qualifications and Requirements:
Education: Graduate-level study in public health or related field.
Experience: Some experience or background in early childhood development, maternal health, public health marketing, and community engagement.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Excellent research skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to conduct self in a responsible and professional manner.
• Strong time management and organizational skills.
• Self-directed and motivated after receiving appropriate orientation and resources.
• Must submit immunization history form and immunization documentation. Some immunizations and/or tuberculosis (TB) tests may be required (at the expense of BCPH), and volunteer must comply with these requirements prior to start date.
• Universal precautions and TB training will be provided by the BCPH employee infection control nurse before the volunteer may begin.
|Training Dates and Information:
Supervision: Training and ongoing supervision will be provided by the Early Childhood Community Engagement Specialist.
• Excellent opportunity to make a positive difference in the community.
• Valuable experience in coalition building, marketing and communication, research, and analysis.
• Establish ties with public health and early childhood professionals in the community.
• Gain understanding about the role of public health in the community.
BCPH Volunteer/Intern Services Program
Boulder CO 80304
Submit an application online.