Left Hand Outdoor Challenge Program Leader
|Application or Registration Deadline:
|| Ongoing Volunteer Opportunity
||Parks & Open Space
||Open Space, Environment, and Gardening
|Time Commitment or Project Date:
||Attend at least 50 percent of all activities from September through May. Must be at least 21 years of age.
The Left Hand Outdoor Challenge encourages young adults to become stewards of our public lands. Innovative monthly challenges hosted by Boulder County Parks and Open Space staff and volunteer program leaders will expose participants to a variety of outdoor careers and resource management issues.
|Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build strong mentor relationships with participants; limited to Left hand Outdoor Challenge events, meetings and activities.
- Teach and monitor participant involvement in a variety of natural and cultural resource management topics relating to Boulder County Parks and Open Space.
- Assist in monthly challenges that explore resource management concepts, stewardship skills, outdoor ethics, service learning and leadership.
- Support Boulder County Parks and Open Space staff in the direction and implementation of program responsibilities.
|Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Pass a criminal background check.
- Show a willingness to be involved in outdoor activities, volunteer service and environmental stewardship.
- Complete an interview process and pass a background check.
- Be open to building professional mentor relationships with teen participants that support a positive team environment and contribute to the healthy development of the participants.
- Must agree to limit their contact with participants to sanctioned program events, meetings and activities.
- Attend at least 50 percent of all activities from September through May each year, including an orientation and program graduation.
- Must adhere to Boulder County Parks and Open Space policies and procedures and submit to the direction of Boulder County Parks and Open Space staff.
Applications are accepted through Discover Boulder County, Parks & Open Space’s new volunteer and event registration system. If you’re new to the system, you’ll need to create an account. But it’s easy and we only use your contact information to communicate about volunteer opportunities and events you register for. We will never sell or give your information to a third party.