|| Ongoing Volunteer Opportunity
||Human Services and Public Health
|Time Commitment or Project Date:
||40-80 hours; minimum age 18
Meetings and filming most likely will be conducted at the BCPH office in Longmont. Video editing will likely be done offsite.
The Health Communication program provides leadership and support to Boulder County Public Health (BCPH) programs and partner organizations to ensure that communication and messages are effective in bringing about desired behavior change.
|Duties and Responsibilities:
Produce a short video that will be used to educate Spanish-speaking caregivers about paced bottle-feeding. The video should clearly convey the key message while being interesting and contemporary in order to appeal to the target audience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with BCPH Child Health Promotion (CHP) Program staff to develop a storyboard for the video, record the video, and edit the video.
• With support from the BCPH Communication and Marketing Manager, identify logistics for the filming (e.g. location, lighting, etc.); edit the video, including transitions and text, as appropriate to convey key messages; and ask for feedback and make revisions, as needed.
|Qualifications and Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent.
Planning, filming, and editing video.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of and skill in best practices regarding video communication and production.
• Effective interpersonal communication skills.
• Passion for environmental and/or social justice.
• Ability to work effectively, both independently and with others as a team.
• Bilingual (i.e. English/Spanish) speaking skills are preferred.
• Must have access to video editing software or ability to use Adobe Premier Pro and be willing to give all source digital files to BCPH at the conclusion of the project.
• Must submit immunization history form and immunization documentation. Some immunizations and/or tuberculosis (TB) tests may be required (at the expense of BCPH), and the volunteer must comply with these requirements prior to start date.
|Training Dates and Information:
Training and Orientation:
The Communication and Marketing Manager will provide orientation on BCPH and describe the goals of the project. CHP staff will provide an overview of the target audience and topic, as well as options for a filming venue(s). Orientation and training will take approximately two hours.
This position will be supervised by the Marketing and Communications Manager on an as-needed basis but will require a minimum of twice-monthly contact with an emphasis on onboarding, coordinating the video shoot, and finalizing the video.
This project will provide the volunteer an opportunity to use their artistic, strategic, and communication skills to create a tool (video) that will be used to make a profound public health impact. The project will also give the volunteer an opportunity to learn from staff members who work daily on health and social issues within public health. In addition, the video can be included as part of the volunteer’s work or education portfolio, if desired.
BCPH Volunteer/Intern Services Program
Boulder CO 80304
Submit an application online.