At Boulder County Public Health (BCPH), volunteers and interns play a vital role in maintaining and promoting public health in our communities. Volunteer Services recruits and places volunteers and interns in more than 20 different program areas.
Last year, 71 volunteers and interns from all over Boulder County and local colleges contributed over 7,000 hours to support the mission and goals of BCPH.
- Work in outreach activities
- Mentor youth
- Care for children with special needs
- Complete data projects and do research
- Write reports and conduct community surveys
Please visit Mental Health Partners for information on how to volunteer or intern in social work, counseling, psychology, and addiction fields.
- Human Services & Public Health
- Medical Reserve Corps of Boulder County (MRCBC)
- Public Health New Volunteer Orientation
BCPH volunteers and interns may be placed at any of the five BCPH offices & buildings throughout Boulder County.
What Volunteers Say about Boulder County Public Health
- “I learned a ton and gathered as much real world public health experience as possible.” – Communicable Disease volunteer
- “The work environment was very supportive and I was given all the tools needed to conduct research in an efficient and effective manner.” – Public Health Improvement intern
- “I enjoyed meeting new people, learning new skills, and putting knowledge into practice.” – WIC volunteer
We offer internships in more than ten different program areas. We prioritize working with students who are attending local universities with whom we have educational affiliation agreements.
Opportunities for Youth
At the present time, we do not offer volunteer opportunities for youth.
One-Time or Short-Term Opportunities
Because our volunteer opportunities require a longer-term commitment and some require intensive training, we are not able to offer one-time or short-term volunteer jobs to individuals or groups.