The I/DD Mill Levy Advisory Council will act as a body that will prioritize the recommendations outlined in the Boulder County Community I/DD Needs Assessment completed in January 2019. This Council will also make recommendations to the Boulder County Community and Boulder County Department of Housing & Human Services for new and ongoing investments for I/DD services, programs, and inform ongoing monitoring and transparency of the I/DD Mill Levy investments. The full Boulder County Community Needs Assessment Report for I/DD.
Join the Advisory Council
Boulder County is actively seeking members for the inaugural Advisory Council until September 10, 2019. Please visit the Boulder County Boards & Commissions page and begin your application by clicking the orange “Apply Now” button to create an account and complete the application. Applications must be submitted by 4:30 p.m. on October 10th, 2019.
Please notify Sara Boylan if you need special accommodations related to applying for this Advisory Council.
About the Selection Process
We value that all members represent the diversity of the Boulder County community, including: people with disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age distribution, political affiliation, geographic distribution, race, ethnicity, national origin, and other diversity.
The Advisory Council will consist of 9 voting members, who are residents of Boulder County, appointed by the Board of County Commissioners, and 1 non-voting member from the Community Center Board (Imagine!) with the intent to include representatives of:
- Person with an Intellectual or Developmental Disability (3-year term)
- Family member or caregiver of a person with I/DD (3-year term)
- Person from the business community with specific interest or experience with the I/DD Community (1-year term)
- Community at-large (1, 2, & 3-year terms) that may have specific expertise with the I/DD community in areas identified in the I/DD Community Needs Assessment, including:
- Behavioral Health
- Staggered appointments for the first year, then;
- 3-year terms, and no member may serve more than three consecutive terms
- Group will consist of (1) chair and (1) vice chair
The Advisory Council will meet a minimum of quarterly but will likely start with monthly meetings with sub-committee work as well.